Impossible Girl Blog

Wednesday 23 November 2011

vintage: from ma's closet

A couple of years ago, I raided Ma's closet for all her old dresses. You see Ma has always been a jeans and blouse type of girl but on special occasions, she would go to her modista, Aling York to have dresses made. I remember as a kid going with her to one of these trips where she'd spend hours poring over catalogs for dress ideas. 


vintage_1
She can no longer remember which special occasion she had this dress specially made for. Ha! I love the color (old rose) and the pleating!


vintage_2
With Ma's (again!) classic shoulder bag. To take this look from the 70s to 2011, I decided to pair with platform shoes with socks (how current is that?!) instead of the expected pumps.


vintage_socks
Socks + the wooden heels remind me of the Japanese slippers.
A little tip: often when we wear socks with shoes, we lose our feet lose their natural grip on the shoes and accidents can happen. I suggest that you buy those gel-type of inserts to make them less slippery. They also add extra cushioning on the balls of your feet.


I was wearing: Ma's dress, Ma's bag, Martina Pink platform shoes, socks from Commode.

No comments:

Post a Comment