Impossible Girl Blog

Thursday 3 November 2011

i heart pencils

Pencil skirts are one of the biggest trends this fall. But instead of the usual corporate uniform of conservative black, pencils (just like this fall's pants) are all about bold prints and colors. You can check out this collection of pencil skirt street styling as compiled by the Style Copycat.

While I do have several pencil skirts, they are from the same cut as the traditional yuppie uniform. But if there's one thing inspirational about this trend, it is that it challenges us to think up of cool twists to what would otherwise be everyday office uniform. 


pencil_look1
A little bit rock and roll
Instead of the usual tailored button-down, paired this sheer black pencil skirt with graphic men's tee. Instead of black pumps, I opted to wear my lace-up booties.
BTW, I bought this "Sisly" skirt in 99(!) in Landmark's bazaar back when I was on my last year of college thinking that I needed to pile up on "corporate clothes" for my internship. 
pencil_look1b
In keeping with the "rock and roll theme", this men's tee features electric guitars (how rock and roll is that?) and accessorized with colorful leather bracelets.


pencil_look2
Preppy tomboy
Again, while we wear traditionally designed pencil skirts, we can still update the look by pairing with an unconventional top. This time, I decided to pair with oversized knit.


pencil_look2_boots
 For tougher hardware, paired with my flat ankle boots and chunky silvers. But added in the pearl necklace to complete the mix-and-match look.


I was wearing
First look: Sheer skirt from Landmark, People Are People men's tee, lace-up booties from Zara, gold belt gifted, leather bracelets from Boracay.
Second look: Pencil skirt from Zara, H&M oversized knit, ankle boots from Zara, chunky silver bracelets Forever 21.

2 comments:

  1. whee! we are on the same wavelength with the graphic tee+pencil skirt look! http://plussizefasyonmudra.blogspot.com/2011/11/neon-angel.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Winner look, Iggy. And you looks so pretty and fresh. Can't wait for that tutorial. :D

    ReplyDelete