Impossible Girl Blog

Wednesday 9 November 2011

i heart pencils part 2

Since I enjoyed sharing my little feature on pencil skirts, I've decided to continue with two more looks.


pencil_look3
Urban Cowboy
I normally don't like knotting up a button-down - especially with a checkered print like this - it can so easily turn into a yeeha costume. But I couldn't resist cause I feel this style works well with this skirt. Since things are already too busy on top, decided to keep my footwear simple with my beloved pointy heels.


pencil_look3b

pencil_look3_detail
This is a really old pair of skirt (circa 2002!) from a store in Glorietta called Fish. I think they've already closed down. I was drawn to this skirt because of three things: 1. the soft denim material 2. the zipper detail with 3. the front slit.




pencil_look4_full
Class Nerd
Here's another suggestion: Instead of tucking in your button-downs, leave them untucked and folded at the cuffs for a more casual take.


pencil_look4_close
The crispy shirt begs to be buttoned all the way to the top.


pencil_look4_detail
Then paired with tassled loafers to complete the look.


So try it out, take out your pencil skirts and experiment with fun and unique ways you can style them.


I was wearing
First look: Zippered denim skirt from Fish, Cotton On flannel shirt, shoes from Charles & Keith.
Second look: Striped skirt from Forever 21, Uniqlo Oxford shirt, Trois & Inch loafers, Ma's shoulder bag, Naraya lunch bag.
All accessories from Forever 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment