Impossible Girl Blog

Wednesday 23 November 2011

layering for the tropics

All through the weekend, I was thinking about "long shirt, short vest" - something about the idea of combining multiple lengths that appealed to me. 


So I came up with this:
layer_1
Ugh! I should not have put my hands in my pockets but sometimes when I have my pictures taken, I don't know what to do with my hands.
I originally intended to wear a pair of leggings with this but both pair I own are in the wash so I decided to just wear with this old skinny pants. I haven't worn this in awhile and I'm glad I re-discovered them. They fit perfectly and are comfortable.


layer_2
I love layering. It gives an added dimension, a punch to the look. A vest is a great layering piece especially for us living in sunny Singapore.


layer_shoes
Aside from the fit, I was also pleasantly surprised by how well the pants work with the boots! 


The theme of this post "long shirt, short vest" reminds of this song from Cake called Short Skirt/Long Jacket:




I was wearing: Black skinny pants from Coat's in Tangs, Zara top, denim vest, lace-up boots from Zara.

No comments:

Post a Comment