Impossible Girl Blog

Wednesday 16 November 2011

island life

I woke up this morning with a yearning in the pit of my stomach. I want to go back to Santorini. My favorite Greek island, probably my favorite place in the world. It's the most magical and awe-inspiring scenery that no words could ever really capture its beauty. 


IMG_4577
The view from the northern town of Oia, where you catch the famed Santorini sunset.


IMG_4718
Behind me is the calderera. Like Taal volcano it sits on the waters that surround the island. The island of Santorini was borne of the volcanic eruption thousands of years ago.


IMG_4538
Streets of Oia.


island_1
Wore the Greek colors of blue (ok, it's a little more on the indigo side) and white. 


island_2
I would definitely wear this to Santorini, though I would probably have to swap out the wedges with a more manageable flat sandals, maybe a pair of leather gladiators as further homage to Greece. BTW, I've been stopped by strangers here in Singapore several times asking me where I bought these wedges (in Philippines, sorry.)


island_detail
For accessories, I decided to mix and match genres, if you will - conservative pearl earrings and necklace paired with grungy silver bracelets, and my DIY beads - this is after all an ode to island life. The wrist guard is not a prop - overloaded my wrists while doing mid-range bicep curls in Body Pump.


We will see each other again, Santorini! Filakia.


I was wearing: Cotton On button down shirt, pleated pencil skirt from Lver, yellow wedges from an Ihawan restaurant along the Pangasinan highway bought during a family roadtrip to Baguio.

No comments:

Post a Comment