Impossible Girl Blog

Monday 24 October 2011

just in: fall staples

Coats, knits and tights are all over the Zara, H&M and Pull & Bear stores. It's funny how us in the tropics dream of walking around in trench coats with skinny jeans and knee-high boots on a regular day. (It's so gloriously chic!) I see girls having fun trying on these looks in-stores. Well actually, I don't think that even if we live in a perpetual 30-deg climate that we should miss out on the fall trends. Ok, before you think I've completely gone crazy - I'm not asking you to walk down Orchard Rd in a fur-lined parka or wool jumper. There are some creative ways that you can incorporate some fall staples into your everyday wear. 

fall_1


Knit and leather are not just for colder climes.
I've been drooling over a leather gilet ever since I saw it on the men's section at H&M. The problem: it was $199! Thankfully, I saw this recently in the women's from H&M's Divided line retailing for a more reasonable $69. Went one size bigger to simulate the fit of the men's version. 
Wear this with short skirts, midi pleated skirts, with chiffon dresses or as a stand-in for a blazer.


A gray knit has been on my wishlist for the longest time. I found a nice version at Zara TRF. The catch: it was still too thick. Found this thinner, more weather-appropriate version at H&M for a cheaper price too. Pair with printed skirts, over a dress, with pencil skirts. On colder days, you can tap your inner preppy by using as a layering piece with a button-down shirt.


You can even appropriate an old trench coat just like this DIY idea from one of my favorite blogs My Daily Style:

With all this wet weather we've been having lately, you can wear a sleeveless trench like a raincoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment