Impossible Girl Blog

Friday 28 October 2011

it's that time of year again

"Halloween is the one night a year when girls can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it."
This is true, isn't it? How come some girls feel the need to do a sexed-up version of whatever they are supposed to be for Halloween. Meh - sexy is overrated in my opinion.


For the past couple of years now, ever since Halloween (or Office Dinner and Dance or any costume party opportunities) comes around, I always always want to dress up as either of these two women:


1. Meg White 
Jack White's wife-sister is the very epitome of cool chick. She's so nonchalant, unique and just gorgeous! 



I'm in love with this Marc by Marc Jacobs ad. She made disheveled, air-dried hair rock. (Thanks, Meg White. Saves me time in the mornings.)


While I love seeing Meg White in her flowy white maxi dresses or candy-cane costumes on stage, I most love her when she channels 50s glam.

Bright red lips, bright red nails, pale skin, bitch-face. Love it.

Love this look (even Jack White's!)


2. Margot Tenebaum
Royal's brooding, secretly chain-smoking playwright daughter. 





Costume-wise, this would be easy enough to pull off - tennis dress, fur coat (optional), oxford shoes, plastic hairpin, raccoon eyes, cigarette perpetually hanging on mouth (lit is optional for non-smokers like myself) Just a few tiny things though, I'd need a stick-straight wig to copy the bob and I need to cut off a finger. Ha!

Unfortunately, Halloween costume parties are not so popular here in Singapore. We aren't even doing anything in the office on Monday. Boo! (Or, I can continue to hope that we will have a music or movies theme in the next office dinner and dance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment