Impossible Girl Blog

Tuesday 10 January 2012

cold front

We've been enjoying a most welcome dip in temperature in the past few days. While January/February often brings in monsoon rains in Singapore, this cool weather is still quite unusual.


I've taken this sudden "drop" in temperature as a perfect opportunity to incorporate warmer elements into my looks.


On Monday
cold_leather_2
Wore my H&M leather gilet. 


cold_leather_1
The leather vest added a bit of rock and roll on this ensemble. 
The pants are hand-me-down's from my Mom and was stuck unworn in my closet for the longest time because I struggled with a good top to pair them with (I just knew I wanted to stay away from white as I didn't want to end up looking like a National Day costume). So I'm glad to discover that navy perfectly complements this bright red pair.


Today
cold_skirt
Oversized cashmere sweater
I am so obsessed with the knit/pullover+pencil skirt combo.
To avoid looking shapeless, you can bunch the sleeves up to the elbows (Sorry I forgot to take a photo.) or cinch with a belt.


cold_skirt_2
...And just in case it gets warmer during the course of the day, I wore a black top underneath. 


cold_skirt_1
I'm loving this new midi length (and pencil skirts in general!). They automatically make one feel elegant and sophisticated and are so flattering for almost any body type.


cold_skirt_detail
Accessorized with chunky silvers and a leather bracelet.


The downside to this weather is that after being caught under a light rain during my afternoon coffee run, I feel the beginnings of a cold. Ma's noodle soup and a good night's rest should help do the trick.


I was wearing
On Monday: Polka-dot loose top from H&M, Ma's hand-me-down pants, H&M leather gilet, Charles & Keith court shoes.
Today: Striped midi skirt from Rockwell Powerplant Mall (Manila), Topshop top, cashmere jumper from SM Surplus (Manila), Charles & Keith court shoes, F21 chunky silver bracelets, Parfois skeleton bracelet, leather bracelet gifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment