Impossible Girl Blog

Thursday 12 January 2012

the un-sexy

In the few short months since the inception of this blog, the one constant in my looks are oversized, boyfriend fits. Aside from comfort and the fact that oversized tops are so chic and can pretty much work with anything and on anyone, I prefer them because they make me feel less self-conscious. You've seen me use this trick paired with my bandage skirts and even skinny pants. When challenged with a bandage dress, I've decided to go to a similar direction.


To make this clingy bandage dress un-sexy and work-appropriate, I decided to layer:


unsexy_3
I've gone all out with the safari theme this time by topping with my ever-reliable utility vest. You can also wear a light cardi as a stand-in for the vest, but instead of buttoning it up, cinch with a belt like what I've done here for a little spin. Another idea is to wear as a skirt paired with a dark colored knit and some pearl necklace. 


unsexy_2
Create a silhouette with a large belt. See, works well for daytime without attracting catcalls from the construction site workers across the office. (I kid! People in Singapore don't actually do that. Ha!)


unsexy_detail
Also, I wanted to show my new satchel/shoulder bag.  A Christmas gift from Ma. I love it so much. It's the perfect size (fits my daily essentials like wallet, phone, small notebook, lip gloss, face powder and book.) and love the unique charcoal color. We picked this up from a new store in Glorietta 4 (Manila) called Parfois. Despite a French name, the brand is actually from Portugal. Its Portuguese roots are pretty evident in their jewelry designs that recall bohemian, almost gypsy aesthetics. Check out their chunky silver bracelets (my personal weakness!), unique cocktail rings and statement earrings. If you are in Manila, you can visit their store in Glorietta 4 G/F across Terra Nova. 


I was wearing: Zara nude bandage dress, utility vest from Liz Claiborne, Uniqlo belt, gladiator sandal heels from Pedro, bag from Parfois.

No comments:

Post a Comment