Impossible Girl Blog

Monday 9 July 2012

heaven

My birthday is coming up and this weekend and I thought I'd put together a post series for my wishlist (y'know, in case the Internet gods are reading this). 


First up, this new The Walkmen CD*, Heaven. I've been listening to this new record on You Tube almost everyday and I love how lyrically, the band sounds mature and settled (they are after all married with kids when they made this record) but still maintaining that signature lush and rich sounds. They give off that 1920s jazz sound. 


And since this is a style blog after all, I love the band's styling - they dress as how I imagined 1920s rock band would. 



The band's equally dapper when playing live shows.


Spot Hamilton Leithauser's cool Casio watch. :p


* When I mentioned to our 20-something intern that I am craving for this record and planning a trip to HMV, she looked at me like I just told her to wear daisy dukes and a tank top (i.e. eeeekkk, no!). YES! I STILL buy records. 





No comments:

Post a Comment