Impossible Girl Blog

Monday 20 May 2013

music and me: bon iver

Last month, I launched a new series on the blog called Music and Me. You'll find my first entry here. Today, I am featuring another look inspired by another artist that I am absolutely in awe of - Bon Iver.

This indie folk band fronted by singer-songwriter Justin Vernon produces rich and melodic soundscapes accompanied by deeply personal and reflective lyrics. 

Here's one of the best live versions of Calgary, one of my favorite Bon Iver songs.

Frontman Justin Vernon is often in t-shirts and that hipster uniform, the plaid shirt.  

bon iver_2
Beanie, plaid shirt, Ray-ban frames, skinny jeans and boots, disheveled hair. Yup. (Of course, the beanie was just for photo-op and didn't actually wear them out.)


bon iver_1
Saw Justin Vernon performing their cover of I Can't Make You Love Me wearing a similar yellow beanie. Funny story about the beanie. I lost this twice - the first when I was biking on a rainy morning in Kos. Good thing the store I accidentally lost this in kept it aside for me. (It wasn't too difficult to forget me as I was probably the only Asian in the entire island!). Second while I was at my favorite bookstore in Athens. I 've walked around the store for a bit before I realized it was missing. Retraced my steps and found it. This really is for me. :)

I was wearing: Plaid shirt from Cotton On, Mossimo jean from Target (US), H&M boots and beanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment