Impossible Girl Blog

Sunday 11 December 2011

challenge: bridesmaid's dress

So my cousin is getting married in March and she asked me to be her Maid of Honor. In the next 2 weeks, we will be going for dress fittings, etc and up until now I still have no idea on the Maid of Honor dress. My cousin is completely letting her entire entourage call the shots with regards to the dress just as long as we follow the color theme: color-blocking using MnM colors too - red, green, yellow, blue and orange, I think. 


Before I finalize on a color-combo, I am searching the World Wide Web for some ideas. 



Image from style.com
Who better to use as color-block inspiration than Prada?! I really love this dress but I am not sure if I can pull off the ruffled hem. And this dress works because of the awesome color combo - I am not sure the MnM colors will hold up well. Also, I want my Maid of Honor dress to be at least re-usable, this would seem sort of dated. It already feels dated, tbh.



Image from Isabel Marant website
While this is from the Ready to Wear collection, I do love this!  I love this structured voluminous top and a simple silhouette at the bottom. I may have to apply some minor adjustments here and there like use a different fabric to make more formal and a longer hemline for the skirt. 


Now I have to think about which color combo this will work in. The top begs to be in a deeper shade. I feel a light color will make this look very clown-like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment